Adult day care centers may be eligible to participate in CACFP for serving healthy meals and snacks to adults in nonresidential care.
- Eligible Adult Day Care Centers
- CACFP Benefits for Adult Care Centers
- CACFP Participation Requirements for Adult Day Care Centers
- Licensed non-profit; or
- Licensed for-profit where 25% of participants are Medicaid and/or Block Grants to States beneficiaries or eligible for free and/or reduced-price meals.
- Provide services to adults 60 years of age or older; or
- Chronically impaired disabled persons, 18 years of age or older.
- Must be nonresidential and provide a community-based program with structured comprehensive services.
- CACFP Reimbursement funding helps to pay for meals.
- Participating adults get the nutrition they need as a routine part of their day.
- Nutritious meals served to adults who are 60 or older, or who are physically or mentally impaired gives them the ability to carry out activities of daily living.
- Must be licensed.
- Serve meals and snacks that meet USDA nutrition requirements.
- Keep records, such as attendance, menus, the number and types of meals served, etc.
- Must be nonresidential.
Virginia CACFP Sponsors Association makes it easy for you to participate in CACFP.
Find a sponsor to participate today!