Your child care center may be eligible for reimbursement for serving healthy meals and snacks.
- Eligible Child Care Centers
- CACFP Reimbursements for Child Care Centers
- CACFP Benefits for Child Care Centers
- CACFP Participation Requirements for Child Care Centers
Eligible Child Care Centers
- Licensed, non-profit centers; or
- Licensed, for-profit where at least 25% of its children can be classified into the free or reduced price category (Your sponsor will help you to determine this) ; or
- Religious exempt Child Care Subsidy Vendor; or
- Head Start Centers
CACFP Reimbursements for Child Care Centers
Reimbursement fudning varies. It is based on how many children are in care, the economic make-up of the families, the number and kinds of meals served, etc.
CACFP reimburses centers at free, reduced-price, or paid rates for meals and snacks served, increasing CACFP benefits to programs with the most children in need.
Potential Monthly Reimbursement for Child Care Centers:
Based on Reimbursement Rates Effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Based on 20 days of care, 2 meals, 1 snack daily
|20 children at different reimbursement rates||Monthly Reimbursement|
15 children @FREE
3 children @ REDUCED2 children @ PAID
10 children @ FREE10 children @ PAID
| 2 children @ FREE
3 children @ REDUCED15 children @ PAID
CACFP Benefits for Child Care Centers
- CACFP Reimbursement funding helps cover the cost of meals.
- Parents like knowing their children are eating healthy meals and snacks.
- Centers receive free training and nutrition resources.
CACFP Participation Requirements for Child Care Centers
- Serve meals and snacks that meet USDA nutrition requirements.
- Must keep records, such as attendance, meal counts, menus, receipts, etc.
Virginia CACFP Sponsors Association makes it easy for you to participate in CACFP.
Find a sponsor to participate today!