Most family child care homes are eligible to receive reimbursement for serving healthy meals and snacks. There is no cost to apply. Family Child Care Homes must apply and participate in the CACFP through an approved CACFP Sponsoring Organization.
- Eligible Family Child Care Homes
- CACFP Benefits for Family Child Care Home
- CACFP Participation Requirements for Family Child Care
- CACFP Reimbursements for Family Child Care Home
- Licensed, or locally permitted; or
- Voluntarily registered; or
- Approved as Child Care Subsidy Vendor
- CACFP Reimbursements help cover the cost of meals and snacks.
- Parents like knowing their children are eating healthy meals and snacks.
- Family child care home receives training and nutrition resources such as recipes, menu planning guides and more.
- Serve meals that meet the USDA meal pattern requirements.
- Keep daily record of meals served, menus and attendance.
- Participate in training and monitoring visits in the home with a sponsoring organization, to receive support, new education materials, learn best practices and updates on program regulations.
Reimbursements vary, and are based on many factors, such as demographics and household income of family child care home, how many children are in care, family-household income of children, the number and kinds of meals served, etc.
Potential Monthly Reimbursement for Family Child Care Home:
Based on Reimbursement Rates Effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Based on 20 days of care, 2 meals, 1 snack daily
|# of children||CACFP reimbursement funding|
Virginia CACFP Sponsors Association makes it easy for you to participate in CACFP.
Find a sponsor to participate today!